TimestampThis extension inserts the current date/time into a message or an input field in the browser.
- For Thunderbird use the context menu (right click popup) in the compose window, Ctrl+Shift+T or "Options | Insert timestamp" to inserts the date/time into a message
- For Firefox use the the context menu (right click popup) in input fields
- Five pre-defined timestamp formats available and a user-defined format string
ScreenshotsClick on the images for an enlarged image.
|Released:||September 4, 2012|
|For:||Up to Thunderbird 11.9.x
and Firefox 11.9.x
For ThunderbirdFirst download the xpi file to your hard disk by clicking on the install link. If you use Internet Explorer to download the file, be aware that IE sometimes adds a .zip extension to the file. If this happens, remove the .zip extension from the file and replace it with .xpi. Run Thunderbird and go to "Tools | Extensions", click on the "Install" button and open the saved xpi file.
For FirefoxTo install the extension in Firefox, just click on the install link. If Firefox gives a warning that it is not possible to install software from "extensions.sanjer.nl", click on the "Edit Options..." button and allow software to install from the site by clicking on the "Allow" button. Close the dialog and click again on the install link.
All Timestamp (pre-)releases
Files marked green arecurrent releases and are recommended to install. The files marked red arepre-releasesand only suited for those who know what they are doing. The pre-releases are not guaranteerd to work with the latest Thunderbird/Firefox release. Check the extension Changelog for more details.
9 April, 2012 version 1.4preNew features:
- Compatible up to Firefox v11.9.x
- Compatible up to Thunderbird v11.9.x
23 January, 2012 version 1.4preNew features:
- Compatible up to Firefox v9.9.x
- Compatible up to Thunderbird v9.9.x
14 November, 2011 version 1.2New features:
- Compatible up to Firefox v8.9.x
- Compatible up to Thunderbird v8.9.x
31 October, 2011 version 1.1New features:
- Compatible up to Firefox v7.9.x
- Compatible up to Thunderbird v7.9.x
5 September, 2011 version 1.0New features:
- Compatible with Firefox v6.0.x up to v6.9.x
- Compatible with Thunderbird v6.0.x up to v6.9.x
31 July, 2011 version 0.8New features:
- Compatible with Firefox v5.0.x up to v5.9.x
- Compatible with Thunderbird v5.0.x up to v5.9.x
20 July, 2010 version 0.7.2New features:
- Compatible with Firefox up to v3.9.x
- Compatible with Thunderbird up to v3.9.x
27 February, 2010 version 0.7.1Fixes:
- Fixed installer (.xpi file) for both Firefox and Thunderbird.
27 February, 2010 version 0.7New features:
- Compatible with Firefox 3.6.x
- Compatible with Thunderbird 3.0.x
27 September, 2009 version 0.6New features:
- Compatible with Firefox 3.5
- Fixed width and height of the preference dialog
13 April, 2008 version 0.6betaNew features:
- Compatible with Firefox 3.0 Beta
19 February, 2007 version 0.5.1New features:
- Fixed a typo in the German translation.
28 October, 2006 version 0.5New features:
- Compatible with Firefox 2.0 and Thunderbird 2.0
29 January, 2006 version 0.4New features:
- Compatible with Firefox 1.5 and Thunderbird 1.5. Mozilla is no longer supported.
- Added two more format specifiers: %n for a new line and %y for a two digit year.
- New preference to set the locale (OS locale, Tb/Fx locale, or a hand picked locale) to use for the user-defined timestamp.
- Added Polish (pl-PL) localization, contributed by Konrad Korzeniowski.
- Added German (de-DE) localization, contributed by Thomas Dusin.
- Fixed a bug in user-defined format which caused missing time zone information (like CET).
- Fixed a bug in calculating the window width and height of the Options window.
2 December, 2004 version 0.3New features:
- Compatible with Thunderbird 1.0.
- Added a new date/time format: Internet Time. See http://www.timeanddate.com/time/internettime.html for more info.
- Added Dutch (nl-NL) localization.
- Increased the height of the preferences window, the timestamp preview was (sometimes) cut off.
4 November, 2004 version 0.2New features:
- Compatible with Thunderbird 0.9.
- Added support for Firefox 1.0 and Mozilla 1.7 browser. It is now possible to add a timestamp in textboxes and textareas with a click on "Insert Timestamp" in the context menu.
- Added a user-defined datetime format in the Timesamp preference window. The conversion specifiers in the format string are based on the specifiers of the Linux date command.
- The timestamp choices are listed in two columns to preserve some space, the uninstall button was pushed of the window in Mozilla. This changed the order of the timestamp modes. Check your settings after you installed this new version.
- Moved the Timestamp preferences in Mozilla to "Edit | Preferences | Timestamp".
15 September, 2004 version 0.13New features:
- Compatible with Thunderbird 0.8.
- Added "Insert timestamp" to composer context menu (right click popup).
23 June, 2004 version 0.12New features:
- Timestamp is now compatible with Mozilla 1.7. The extension is installed in the program chrome folder. The Timestamp options are found in: "Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups | Timestamp".
15 June, 2004 version 0.11New features:
- Updated the install process to work with the new Extension Manager in Thunderbird 0.7a (Aviary branch). The old extension mechanism is still supported.
17 May, 2004 version 0.1New features:
- Initial version